Long Branch is primarily a residential district composed mostly of single-family, detached homes. Along Lake Shore Boulevard West, numerous businesses are located in a low-rise commercial strip. South of Lake Shore Boulevard West, the area of single-family homes extends down to the lake.
Long Branch is a neighbourhood and former municipality in the southwest of Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
It is located in the south-western corner of the former Township (and later, City) of Etobicoke on the shore of Lake Ontario. The Village of Long Branch was a partially independent municipality from 1930 to 1967.
Long Branch is located within a land grant from the government to Colonel Samuel Smith in the late 18th century. After Smith’s death, a small portion of it was developed as a summer resort in the late 1800s.
Long Branch is bounded by Lake Ontario on the south, with western boundaries of Etobicoke Creek north of Lake Shore Blvd. West and the property of the west line of the Canadian Arsenals Ltd. (Small Arms Ltd., WWII) (now within Marie Curtis Park) south of Lakeshore Road in Mississauga.
The northern boundary is the Canadian National Railway’s mainline, with the eastern borders being Twenty-Third Street south of Lake Shore Blvd. West, and the midpoint between Twenty-Second and Twenty-Fourth Streets north of Lake Shore Blvd. West.